8th International Symposium on NBIA
The 8th International Symposium on NBIA will take place from October 13th to 15th, 2022 in Lausanne, Switzerland.
For three days, scientists and medical professionals from all over the world are invited to share their work and develop new strategies. Learn news from NBIA research! Share your experience in treating NBIA and take part in round table discussions!
Susan Hayflick, Portland, USA
Thomas Klopstock, Munich, Germany
Markus Nielbock, Heidelberg, Germany
Agnès Rötig, Paris, France
Valeria Tiranti, Milan, Italy
Patricia Wood, El Cajon, USA
Key Note Lecture
- Roland Lill, Marburg (Germany)
- Lena Burbulla, Munich (Germany)
- David Devos, Lille (France)
- Ivano Di Meo, Milan (Italy)
- Dario Finazzi, Brescia (Italy)
- Barbara Gnutti, Brescia (Italy)
- Paola Goffrini, Parma (Italy)
- Penelope Hogarth, Portland (USA)
- Arcangela Iuso, Munich (Germany)
- Suzanne Jackowski, Memphis (USA)
- Hana Kolarova, Prague (Czech Republic)
- Manju Kurian, London (UK)
- Sonia Levi, Milan (Italy)
- Mario Mauthe, Groningen (Netherlands)
- Tassula Proikas-Cezanne, Tübingen (Germany)
- Ahad Rahim, London (UK)
- Agnès Rötig, Paris (France)
- Hein Schepers, Groningen (Netherlands)
- Susanne A. Schneider, Munich (Germany)
- Sunita Venkateswaran, Ottawa (Canada)
- Zhihao Wu, Dallas (USA)
The event takes place at the Hotel Mövenpick, 4, Avenue de Rhodanie, CH-1000 Lausanne, Switzerland.
Mövenpick Hotel Lausanne is on the waterfront of Lake Léman (also known as Lake Geneva). Guests are surrounded by stunning views of the lake and the Alps. This 4-star hotel is located in the heart of Lausanne-Ouchy, within close proximity of Olympic Museum and Lausanne Historical museum, just a two-minute drive from the city centre, the main railway station and the motorway (2 km). Geneva-Cointrin International Airport (GVA) is only a 45-minute drive away.
For accommodation, we arranged a special rate in the Mövenpick Hotel in Lausanne (334 CHF for two nights; limited availability). You’ll get the needed information after registration.
How to get there:
Airport Geneva airport train station -> Lausanne train station (45 minutes) -> 3 minutes walk to the subway station Gare -> Ouchy (5minutes) -> 200m to the hotel.
Please read carefully the General Terms and Conditions 2nd version 10 of August 2022
Registration fees (in CHF):
Industry / Companies
* Please upload your student ID at the moment of your registration. Confirmation handed in at a later stage cannot be considered. A verification will be performed by our conference secretariat to validate your participation.
Methods of Payment
Payment should be made in Swiss Francs (CHF) only to.
Beneficiary: NBIA Suisse
Bank: Banque Cantonale Vaudoise, Place St. Francois, Lausanne/Switzerland
BCV BIC: BCVLCH2LXXX
IBAN: CH20 0076 7000 E537 1148 7
Purpose: Your full name and “registration NBIA conference”
Please note that all transfer costs shall be prepaid by the sender. Cheques will not be accepted.
In case you would like to pay by credit card in another currency, please register first and then go to the following link of the NBIA Disorders Association: 8th International Symposium on NBIA Registration Credit Card Payment (salsalabs.org)
Letter of Confirmation/Payment Receipt
After receipt of payment, you will receive a confirmation from the symposium secretariat per mail. Attendees must present this confirmation/payment receipt at the registration desk as proof of their registration and payment.
The registration fee includes:
- Access to all sessions
- Opportunities to network with colleagues from around the globe
- Dinner at Mövenpick
- Complimentary lunch
- Complimentary daily morning coffee breaks
- Complimentary daily afternoons coffee breaks
- Symposium Abstract e-book
Registration has been closed.
If you are interested in participating, please contact the symposium secretariat
Scientists and clinical researchers are welcome to exhibit a poster for the event, in order to share their findings with other researchers. All poster candidates need to register via the website.
During a dedicated session, selected posters will be briefly introduced as a flash talk to the assembled conference audience. These flash talks will serve as a teaser for the poster session. All candidates will be informed about the acceptance of posters and the selection for flash talks within 14 days after the submission deadline.
The poster abstract / poster should contain the following aspects:
· Title of project
· Authors and affiliation(s)
· Project runtime and funding, if applicable
· Goals of the research project
· Background information on project
· Explanation of the relevance and the anticipated impact of the contribution
· Abstract length: limited to 300 words (excluding authors & affiliation)
· Language: English
· Poster size: A1 or A0 (portrait format)
· Abstract submission closed
· Submission deadline: 10th September 2022
NBIA Disorders Association scholarship
NBIA Disorders Association NBIA Disorders Association is awarding up to 5.000 USD in travel scholarships.
Early career researchers (graduate and medical students, postdoctoral trainees, and faculty within six years of their initial appointment) can receive a reimbursement of up to 500 USD (for travel from Europe) or up to 1.000 USD (for travel from outside Europe), provided that their poster abstract is selected for a travel award. Candidates need to register for the symposium and submit their poster abstract before Sept. 10.
When submitting the abstract, please indicate if you would like to be considered for a travel award and also provide adequate information showing you qualify as an early career researcher. Those who have been selected to receive a travel award will be notified by September 20.
A big THANK YOU to our sponsors for this event!
- Chiesi Global Rare Diseases
- CoA Therapeutics
- Hoffnungsbaum e.V.
- Travere Therapeutics